Monday, November 19, 2018

Quick & Healthy - Gula Melaka Avocado Milkshake 椰糖鳄梨奶昔

Have you tried Avocado Milkshake or smoothie? If not, you will fall in love with it. After taking Avocado shake at a restaurant one day, I decided to make my own. I only use 3 ingredients - avocado, gula melaka syrup and fresh milk. It is a good source of healthy fats and protein. But you can't have it everyday, just in case "fat overloaded".

According to Wikipedia, Gula Melaka is a kind of Palm sugar - a sweetener derived from any variety of palm tree. And Gula melaka is a type of palm sugar made from the sap of flower buds from the coconut palm.
In my recipe, I only use 1 and 1/2 tbsp. And according to www.myfitnesspal.com, 1 tbsp of Gula Melaka syrup is only 29 calories. As compare to 60 calories for 1 tbsp of Honey, this is definitely a healthy choice.
I bought my Gula Melaka Syrup from NTUC or Sheng Siong (see video for visual). My friend also got me 1 jar of gula melaka syrup from Malacca.


Video: https://youtu.be/3f-RJL4tO84



Gula Melaka Avocado Milkshake (Calories - 261)
Ingredients:
1 avocado
500-600ml Fresh milk or UHT milk
1 & 1/2 tbsp Gula Melaka Syrup

Method:
1. Cut open avocado, remove seed and skin and put flesh into blender.
2. Add 500-600ml milk
3. Add ice cube.
4. Add gula melaka syrup. Blend till turn smoothie.
5. Ready to serve.

你有喝过椰糖鳄梨奶昔吗?如果你去新加坡的小贩中心或是食阁的饮料摊位,应该很容易找到这个热带风味健康水果饮料。
要自己动作做其实也很容易,只要这三样材料:鳄梨、牛奶、椰糖浆。
同样来自大自然,不过椰糖浆的卡路里指数只有29,比起蜜糖的60要健康得多。
虽然是健康饮料,但不建议每天喝,因为鳄梨富含高脂肪,虽然是健康脂肪但也要适可而止。

做法: 将鳄梨、牛奶、冰块和椰糖浆放入搅拌机里搅拌成奶昔即可享用。

P.S: If you like my post and video, do like and subscribe and even share it. Thank you very much.

To see more of my video, do visit here.


No comments:

Post a Comment