Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lemongrass Drink


I fell in love with this drink while waiting for our spa treatment in Bali few years ago.. It really soothed and calmed me on a hot weather.
After that, When I go to any Thai restaurant, I will order one if it shows on the menu. There was once I ordered this drink and it was served together with syrup. I didn't really like it this way as it didn't have the brew till just right and 入味 feeling.

Recently, I went to supermarket and to my delight, I saw a box of fresh lemongrass that costEd only $1, I bought without hesitation. I want to make my own lemongrass drink.

Method:
I put 3 stalks of fresh lemongrass in 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer for 1 hour. Add 50g(or more)of rock sugar and continue to simmer for 1/2 hour. Serve hot or cold.

Although this is my first attempt but it turnEd out to be what I really want! The taste was just right! It not only make me happy and also give me comfort ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment