Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Green bean soup
Recently ate too much CNY goodies, had slight sore throat. Green bean soup can help to soothe the throat and have detox purpose. So last weekend I boiled green bean soup. Recipe is quite similar to red bean soup:
90gm green bean (washed)
5 cups of water
70gm of rock sugar
Some pandan sago or pandan leaves (for slight pandan flavor)
1. Put green bean and water into rice cooker. Set to "cook" mode, Cover lid and simmer.
2. Simmer for 1 hour, Stir occasionally. Cook till green bean soften and break apart and soup turn greenish.
3. Add 1 cup of water and rinsed sago and rock sugar. Stir well and continue to boil till sugar dissolved and sago turn transparent.
4. Put to "warm" mode. Cover lid and continue to simmer.
5. After 15 minute it's ready to serve.