Thursday, March 8, 2012
I fell in love with okonomiyaki when I was in Osaka. I had it in a very small shop in a small alley in Osaka. The chef cooked okonomiyaki in front of us the tepannyaki way. The ingredients were fresh, the crust was crispy and the sauce was so flavourful. It was unforgettable. Recently I read a post by carol that replicate okonomiyaki on a toast and I was inspired to follow as I had all the ingredients(i didn't have bacon so i used prawn and I omitted seaweed). It was good but something was missing.. if add okonomiyaki sauce it will be superb! So if You are interested to try, do add the sauce. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients: (for 2 serving)
2 slices of bread
6-8 cooked prawn
60g cabbage (grated)
1/4 tsp salt
50-60g mozzarella cheese
Some mayonnaise and bonito flakes
1. In a bowl put cooked prawn, grated cabbage, egg and salt and mix well.
2. Preheat oven at 200C deg.
3. Top bread with mixed ingredients and mozzarella.
4. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes till cheese melted.
5. Remove from oven. Squeeze some mayo on top and top with bonito flakes. Ready to serve.