Thursday, March 29, 2012
Easy Pandan Cupcakes
I like the texture of my earlier no fail red velvet Cake. So thought maybe I can adopt this recipe to make pandan cake. Instead of vanilla essence and red coloring, I replaced with pandan paste. Result: it surprised me with kaya aftertaste, not sure why... The texture was like the red velvet cake, soft and fluffy.
Ingredients: (make 5 cupcakes)
60g unsalted butter, room temperature (I used Margarine)
150gm caster sugar (I used 90-100gm)
1/2 tsp pandan paste
120ml buttermilk (I used 100ml low fat milk with 1/2 tsp White vinegar, rest for 5 min or more)
1 & 1/2 tsp white vinegar
160gm plain flour (I used top flour, sifted)
1/2 tsp salt (I omitted as I use margarine and not unsalted butter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
2. Whisk margarine and sugar till slightly pale, creamy and light.
3. Add egg in and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together pandan paste and some milk.
5. Add to butter mixture and mix evenly and well colored.
6. Add remaining milk and alternate with top flour. Mix till everything well incorporated.
7. Add baking soda and vinegar(and salt if you use unsalted butter), continue to stir till well mixed.
8. Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake in preheated oven for 25-30min.
9. Check if skewer inserted in centre come out clear. Once clear, remove from oven and cool on rack.
I am submitting this post to Very good recipes