Wednesday, March 28, 2012
XO Sauce Instant Noodle
Saw a demo showing how to cook XO Sauce Instant Noodle from ”吃饭皇帝大”, as i like this dish, I quickly memorized and jotted down the ingredients and method. Since then, i have cooked this dish for many times, and each time was promising. Here is it:
1 packet sesame oil instant noodle (don't throw away seasoning and sesame oil)
1 onion (cut rings)
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp XO Sauce
3 tbsp water
Some bean sprout & chives
1. Boil noodle till just cooked. Set aside.
2. Fry egg with oil, fry like scramble egg. Set aside.
3. Fry onion till transparent and fragrant.
4. Add XO sauce and continue frying till turn dry but oily.
5. Add prawn and fry till half cook then add water and stir. Add oyster sauce, sugar, instant noodle seasoning and stir well.
6. Add noodle and stir fry on higher heat, add bean sprout and chives. Stir well.
7. Add egg and stir well.
8. Before serve, drizzle sesame oil and ready to serve.
P.S: instead of prawn, I added left over roasted duck. You can also add any other ingredients like chicken, cha xiu, etc.