Thursday, April 26, 2012
Drunken Prawn 醉虾
That day I was craving for 醉虾, and I always have fresh prawns in my fridge, so I thought maybe I can try to cook this dish. I searched for a easy to adopt recipe and this is where I get my inspiration. I modified with the ingredients I had in my fridge.
16 medium prawns
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup shao xing wine（绍兴酒）
5 ginger slice
1 tbs or more Chinese wolfberries (枸杞子）
1. Boil wolfberries and 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes. Set aside.
1. Boil 1/3 cup of wolfberry water, ginger and wine.
2. Add prawn.
3. When prawn turn colour, add remaining wolfberry water.
4. Add salt for seasoning. simmer on low heat for 30 minute.
5. Add wolfberries and simmer on low heat for another 5 minute.
6. Serve when hot.