Thursday, April 19, 2012
One Bowl Easy Chocolate Cake
Not sure if you miss me when I MIA (missing in action)for almost two week. I am now back in action after a work trip to Beijing. Will show what I ate there later in this blog, stay tune. ;)
I definitely miss home and miss cooking and baking. I love the smell of Changi Airport when i touched down... Mmmm.. So nice! Like home cooked food... Haha!
Looking back at what i have baked and cooked... This is by far one of my favourite recipe! It's easy, no fail and nice to eat--soft, spongy, and so "chocolate-licious"! Adopted from Martha Steward recipe, it require no mixer, little oil and just mix all in a bowl. Here is the original recipe and what I used:
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 1/2 cup, 120g)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (360g)
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used 1/2 cups, 120g)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup warm water (180g)
3/4 cup buttermilk (I used 3/4 cup low fat milk with 3/4 tsp vinegar, set for 5 minute or more)
3 tablespoons safflower oil (I used canola oil)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, warm water, milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
4. Pour batter in lined loaf pan, filling 3/4 full.
5. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 30 minutes.
6. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
P.S: I topped cake with cream cheese and almond flakes.