Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gula Melaka Ginger Soup with Quail Eggs


This dessert(without the quail eggs) was what my mom used to cook for us during 冬至。 I like the smoky taste of gula Melaka and the spiciness and warm sensation from the ginger. Ginger soup is good for digestion, calm tummy, relief bloatiness, expel wind去风, 活血etc.

I missed the taste of this dessert, so for this month AB theme, I decided to redo what my mom did and add quail eggs to it.

Ingredient: (2 bowls)
6 slices ginger (I like spicer taste)
50g palm sugar (adjust to your liking)
8 quail eggs
6 ready made tang yuan (with or without filling to your liking)

Method:
1. Boil quail egg in boiling water. Set to cool in cold water. Peel and set aside.
2. Boil tang yuan in boiling water. Ready when float. Set in cold water.
3. Boil ginger slices in water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add palm sugar and bring to boil.
5. Add tang yuan and quail eggs. Simmer for another 15-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove from heat. Ready to serve.

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert Buffet! (June 2012)hosted by Moon of Food Playground.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Moon, I am first time here..wow you have lots of yummies here.
    Your gula melaka ginger soup with quail eggs looks so delish!
    have a nice weekend..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui, thanks for dropping by and leave your comment. you too, have a great weekend! ;)

      Delete