This is my first time doing giveaway and I am grateful for all the support that I get! Thank you for your support and your submissions!
See below for the wonderful work that I have received. And for the giveaway result?? The LKK giveaway goes to Rosemarry Ng and Eddy Khoo! Congratulation to both! Will email you on how to collect your goodie bag.
Not to disappoint my other supporters, I have given Jessie Sng a pair of tickets to watch Marie Digby live concert!
And Grace Tan, I will send you Rosti for you to cook at home that I bought from Switzerland.
So to all other readers, please enjoy reading the LKK recipes submitted by the following contestants:
1. Dried Ban Mian by Rosemarry Ng
This is the recipe from my dad, he used to sell ban mian when he was young! This is my first time trying on this recipe! Haha!
Ingredients - Noodle:
250 gram flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
60 ml water
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Some extra flour for dusting
Preparation - Noodle:
Place water in a large mixing bowl, gradually add in flour and sea salt and mix well.
When flour and water is mixed into a dough, create a well in the middle of the dough. Pour egg and oil into the well and slowly mix well and knead it till not sticky.
Place the dough in an airtight container or cover it with a cling film, and put aside for about 20 minutes.
Roll the dough into 2-3mm-thick sheet, hand-tear into bite-size pieces or cut into strands with a pasta maker.
Dust the Ban Mian in the extra flour to avoid being stuck into a chunk.
3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee First Draw Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee special black soya sauce
1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp shallot oil
1 tsp fish sauce
pepper and salt
Mix all the ingredients into a bowl, set aside.
Cook the noodle in boiling water with salt for couple minutes until the noodle float on the water and transfer the noodle to ice bath water and put it back to the hot water for 1 minute then transfer to the bowl with the sauce and mix well.
Serve when hot!
2. Braised Belly Pork with Mui Choy by Eddy Khoo
600gm belly pork (either cut into bite sized cubes or thick slices)
200gm chopped garlic (you can do half chopped garlic and half whole garlic bulbs)
1.5 tbsp LKK soya sauce
400gm teem mui choy
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
dash of sesame seed oil
1/2 tsp sugar
5 tbsp cooking wine
1. wash at least 3 times teem mui choy and let it soak overnight. (cut into bite sized lengths)
2. cut belly pork, add a bit salt & pepper.
3. heat a bit of oil, fry the pork till lightly brown, add garlic and mui choy until fragrant.
4. add remaining seasonings and braise until pork is tender and sauce is thickened.
3. Home cooked pork chop with LKK XO sauce by Jessie Ng
Here's my recipe:
Pork loin - 6 pcs (approx 100 gm each)
ginger juice - 1 Tbsp
seasoning sauce - 1 Tbsp
coarse black pepper - 1/2 tsp
chinese wine - 1 tsp
corn starch - 1 Tbsp
1. Marinade pork chop with ingredients. Fry pork chop until cooked and slice when cooled.
2. Prepare noodles with blached vegetables of your choice. Add LKK XO sauce and mix thoroughly in the noodles, leaving some aside for extra taste.
3. Garnish and serve!
4. Stir-fried pork with long beans in spicy black bean sauce by whynotearlier of Grace Tan
5. Black Bean Bitter Gourd by Food Playground
6. Braised Tau Kwa by Food Playground