Monday, October 31, 2011
Melt in your mouth Pandan German Cookies
I like everything pandan, be it pandan chiffon cake, pandan kaya, pandan kueh etc. Saw a few recipes on German cookies and want to feel the melt in your mouth sensation. Yet, I want to try adding pandan flavor to it. So I decide to modify this recipe to fit in the pandan.
Recipe Adopted from Happy home baking
120g margarine (room temperature)
40g icing sugar (sifted)
1/2 tsp pandan paste
125g potato starch
80g top flour
1. Beat margarine and icing sugar till soft and fluffy.
2. Add in pandan paste and mixed well.
3. Sift in potato starch and top flour. Use spatula to mix well and form soft dough.
4. Roll dough into balls. Arrange on Lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork. (dip fork in water after each time to prevent dough From sticking To the fork)
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C For 15 min. (with my small oven I need to bake for 25 min)
Verdict: all my colleagues liked it! Not too sweet and it really has the melt in your mouth power. With the pandan flavor, it actually reminds me of pandan kueh bangkit! Maybe I can bake this cookies before CNY , and tell people it is kueh bangkit! ;p