Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know what to give to my dear colleagues but still tossing with what type of cookies to bake. As X'mas celebration is just in few days time, I need to look for something easy and quick to make. This recipe does not require mixer and is a one bowl formula!

I did not use wheat flour but self raising flour and it turned out pretty good for my first attempt! Just the right texture, not too hard nor soft. As I added orange zest, it did give a hint of refreshing orange flavor. Guessed my colleagues will like it! Very good recipe to adopt.

Ingredients: (make 44-45 cookies)
2/3 cup brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
1 cup self Raising flour (sifted-I omitted baking powder and salt)
70gm dark chocolate chips
Zest from 1/2 orange

Methods:
1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Lined with cooking sheet.
2. Mix together brown sugar, oil, vanilla essence and egg. When well mixed, add self raising flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and orange zest.
3. Scoop small teaspoon of soft dough onto cooking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Cookies is ready when edge turn slightly brown.
5. Cool on wire rack. Dust with icing sugar.

Although it's not very creative, but it's christmasy. Therefore I have submitted this post to very good recipes white Christmas challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment