Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Yam in red 红运(芋)当头


Every year, My sister will cook 罗汉斋(mixed vegetable) with red fermented beancurd(南乳) and my mom will always cook Braised lotus root with red fermented beancurd for me. So this CNY, I thought of using yam to cook with it. It is very easy to cook and it always taste good. I think the Chinese name is better and it's auspicious. This is the recipe:

Ingredient:
1 cube red fermented beancurd
1/3 yam (cut into chunks)
1 tsp garlic
1 cup chicken stock
100g mince meat
Sugar to taste (optional)

Method:
1. Heat pan with oil. Fried garlic to fragrant.
2. Add fermented beancurd cube and quickly smash it.
3. Add mince meat, cook and stir well.
4. Add yam and chicken stock, stir well. Lower heat and simmer till yam turn soft.
5. Sugar to taste. Ready to serve.

I have submitted this post to Aspiring Bakers #15: Auspicious dishes for CNY(Jan 2012) hosted by wen of Wen's Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment