Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Bandung Soy Milk Beancurd Pudding
Was looking for "老伴豆花"the other day, and saw another shop selling pink colour 豆花 pudding, was curious what flavor is that and saw it was strawberry flavor. Was quite disappointed because the pink colour remind me of Bandung.
Why not make my own Bandung beancurd pudding? Yes, so I adopted the recipe I tried earlier and turned it into Bandung flavor. Here is the recipe:
500ml Soy Bean Milk
2 tsp Gelatine powder
1/2 tsp rose flavour essence
1/4 tsp red coloring
1. Add rose flavor essence and red coloring into soy milk and stir well.
2. Heat up soy bean milk in a sauce pan over low heat(do not let it boil).
3. Put gelatine powder in a small bowl, ladle about 50ml of warm soy milk in it and stir till powder dissolve and well mixed.
4. Pour mixture back to sauce pan and stir well. Let it simmer for 30 second (do not let it boil).
5. Off the heat. Wait till mixture cool off slightly before sift it into a container to cool completely.
6. Chill mixture for 3 to 4 hour in fridge before serve.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20 Asian Dessert Buffet!(June 2012) hosted By Moon of Food playground.