Saturday, May 25, 2013

Parmesan Cheese Chiffon Cake


These days I am into Chiffon Cake, after the successful attempt of Yuan yang Chiffon Cake. I always like the spongy texture of Chiffon Cake, and since now I can make my own, as and when I want to eat or crave for Chiffon cake, I will start baking.

Few months ago, I bought a bottle of Parmesan cheese powder. It's expiring in 2 months time and I still have not used it. So I thought maybe I can google and see if there's any cake recipe that call for Parmesan cheese powder. True enough, I read some good reviews of Parmesan cheese chiffon cake. So I used the previous chiffon cake recipe and use permesan cheese as one of the ingredient. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
35g permesan cheese powder
50ml water
20ml cooking oil (I used Canola oil)
50g self-raising flour

2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
50g caster sugar

Method:
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar till slightly pale.
2. Add water and oil into the egg yolk batter. Fold in the permesan cheese powder and flour.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture is foamy. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peak form.
4. Gently fold beaten egg white into egg yolk batter until blended in 3 batches.
5. Pour batter into ungreased chiffon mould. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for the 1st 10 minutes, then reduce to 170 deg C for the next 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and invert cake immediately until it is completely cool (I let it rest in oven for 5 minutes with door slightly open before invert, in case the cake shrink).
7. Cool completely before remove cake from mould and serve.

1 comment:

  1. That’s a nice site you people are carrying out there.
    General Recreation

    ReplyDelete