Friday, November 7, 2014
Osmanthus Chiffon Cake
I like scent of osmanthus(桂花），and after some research, it's good for high blood pressure patient. So again, I modified my staple chiffon cake recipe and make it. Another successful work!
It has light tea colour and light osmanthus aroma. And what surprised me is that both my mom and hubby like it. Happy!
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp dried osmanthus flower
55g self raising flour
3 egg white
A few drops of lemon juice or cream of tartar
1. Blend dried lavender with water(to get the aroma). Set aside.
2. Whisk egg yolks with 18g sugar till sugar dissolved.
3. Add oil , mix well and add osmanthus water mixture. Stir well.
4. Fold flour.
5. In another bowl, Whisk egg white with lemon juice till soft peak.
6. Add sugar in three parts till stiff peak.
7. Pour mixture to cake tin and bake at 180 degree for 35 min.
8. Remove from oven and turn over to cool.
9. Remove from mold and ready to serve.