Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Easy Chocolate Cupcakes


That day my friend craved for chocolate cakes(due to PMS) but I was not. After a week, my turn to crave for chocolate cakes. So I searched around for easy to make chocolate cake that no need to use electric mixer(because I'm lazy, ha!) and this is the recipe I followed(I used half of the ingredients):

(adopted from Martha Stewart recipe)

Ingredients:(make 15 small cupcakes)
1/3 cup (36g) unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup (82.5g) all purpose flour (I used cake flour)
3/4 cups icing sugar (I used 1/2 cups=60g)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 cup (80g) warm water
1/3 cup buttermilk (I used low fat milk + 1 tsp white vinegar)
1 1/2 tbs safflower oil( I used vegetable oil)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I used vanilla essence)

Method:
1. Preheat oven at 175 degree C.
2. Sift all dry ingredients: cocoa powder, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a big bowl.
3. Add egg, warm water, milk, oil and vanilla essence, mix well and stir till smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour mixture in piping bag and fill cup 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, till tops spring back when touched.
5. Transfer to a wire rack , let cool completely.

Verdict: I like it not too sweet and the heavenly chocolate aroma, it really reminds me of awfully chocolate cake. It definitely fulfilled my craving and I am happy now. ;)

P.S: no frosting for me, so I added some almond slices as decoration and give some crunch.

Not sure if this recipe passed this month Aspiring Bakers: enjoy cupcakes! Criteria, I still try and submit this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment