Friday, November 18, 2011
Fruit Tea Cupcakes
After baking banana cupcakes, i have more confidence in baking more cupcakes, and try out new recipes, this time i adopted recipe from 爱丝特 and modified from there:
Ingredients: (make 15 small cupcakes)
2 Fruit tea teabags
30g low fat milk
50g Caster sugar
50g vegetable oil
100g top flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Remove tea leaves from teabags. Soak tea leaves in milk for 10 minutes or more.
2. Beat egg and sugar till smooth and slightly pale.
3. Add milk with tea leaves and mix well.
4. Add sifted top flour and baking powder, mix well.
5. Add vegetable oil and mixed well.
6. Fill each cup 3/4 full. Put in preheated oven at 160 degree for 20 minutes.
7. Cool on rack and ready to serve.
I used fruit tea instead of Earl grey tea as I have a box of fruit tea teabag in my kitchen cabinet that's still not opened. And also this is my first time using tea in cupcakes, I want to see how well it turned out. Surprisingly, it turned out quite well, very spongy and has very nice berry aroma. I don't like to add frosting on top as i find frosting too sweet, so I sprinkled some mixed seeds instead.
I have contributed this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.