Saturday, November 26, 2011
Lemon Yuzu Cupcakes
Recently I bought a packet of Marigold Peel Fresh Yuzu juice. And thinking I can substitute lemon juice with Yuzu juice (both are from citrus fruits) if i am baking lemon cupcakes. So I adopted recipe from 爱丝特 and modified from there:
Ingredients: (make 15 small cupcakes)
60g caster sugar
120g top flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 potion of lemon peel (fine chopped)
1/2 tbsp +1/2 tsp Yuzu juice
1. Beat margarine till smooth.
2. Add half potion of sugar each time, till mixture turn slightly pale.
3. Add egg, pour 1/4 potion each time till mix well.
4. Add sifted top flour, baking powder and salt. Use spatula to mix well.
5. Add lemon peel and Yuzu juice, mix well.
6. Fill 3/4 cup full and put in preheated oven at 160 degree, bake for 20 minutes.
7. Cool on rack and ready to serve.
I go less with sugar(adopted recipe use 100g), and substitute with 1/2 tsp more Yuzu juice(adopted recipe only use 1 tbsp of juice), in hope of "borrow" the sweetness from the juice.
I like the fluffy texture! Also each bite With lemon peel bits. Yuzu juice does give a hint of yuzu flavour to the cake, and it complimented the lemon peel bits and gave out a nice citrus aroma.
I have contributed this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.