Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Red Bean Soup
I like my red bean soup with a hint of dried orange peel taste and fragrance. The Cantonese way. So I decided to make my own -- with more punch of dried orange peel.
You can omit dried orange peel if you don't like it.
90gm red bean (washed)
5 cups of water
5 slices of dried orange peel(washed)
70gm of rock sugar
Some pandan sago (for slight pandan flavor)
1. Put red bean, dried orange peel and water into a rice cooker. Set to "cook" mode, Cover lid and simmer.
2. Simmer for 1 hour, Stir occasionally. Cook till red bean soften and break apart and soup turn reddish.
3. Add 1 cup of water and rinsed sago and rock sugar. Stir well and continue to boil till sugar dissolved and sago turn transparent.
4. Put to "warm" mode. Cover lid and continue to simmer.
5. After 15 minute it's ready to serve.